Thursday, January 07, 2010

When it rains, it pours.

There is something about the new year that makes me feel as if it doesn't start out right then the rest of the year is a wash. I know that its not true, but it still lingers in my mind till about mid February. Anyway, we ended up having a snow day on Monday. What I thought was going to be the last day to relax before work starts up again, became a day of one problem after another.

First I woke up to no heat. So I bundled up and headed out onto the snow covered roads to get kerosene to heat with till my fuel delivery came (it was scheduled for Tuesday). It took 2 hours to get the fuel and after all that the furnace still didn't work. I tried every trick I know, which is not many, and then called the furnace repair man, cha-ching. That was not the end of it though, my new dryer started to blow cold air.

Now I was tired of dealing with everything breaking down and was hoping that once I dealt with the dryer that would be it, but no such luck. Wednesday the repairman came out, he said it wasn't the dryer it was the electrical outlet. But before we could get the outlet replaced the upstairs toilet was leaking and the water was dripping right near the dryer. So, we had to repair the leak before we could fix the outlet......I know this sounds crazy, but its my life.... to wrap this messy story up, I now have heat, a dryer and a working outlet...I no longer have a working downstairs bathroom.

So if this is what 2010 starts off like, I am a little scared to see what is coming ahead.

No comments: