Thursday, January 14, 2010

a peek into the sketchbook


Haven't had a lot of time this past couple of days. I was able to do some sketches and add a little to the larger painting. I think the trick is to start out with some smaller sized paintings. I would probably feel like I have accomplished more, cause right now, when I look at the large painting on the easel I feel guilty for not having more time to work on it.....note to self, pick up some smaller canvases!!

I have never been a landscape painter, (though I really enjoy looking at them) but lately, I wish I was. Outside has been absolutlely gorgeous. We had a large amount of snow fall and it left the trees and houses covered. When you look outside it's like looking at a black and white photograph. I just love it. One of the many blessings of living in the snowbelt.

No comments: