Thursday, December 31, 2009

just have to get this out

Its been a year since I last posted and for some reason I feel the need to put my thoughts down on......well, the computer (paper sounds so much better). This past year has been a wild one. A year ago I was sitting in a house that had been under construction for 3 years and didn't look as if it would get done any time soon. Today I look around and my children are in their new bedrooms, the new bathroom is wonderful, the den is nice and cozy, I love my new entryway, but the best is my new kitchen!! All is good and I feel so very fortunate to have such great friends that helped me get everything finished. I am truly grateful for all that I have been given and still wake up and can't believe this is my house.

So, how does this relate to my art???? OK, when the construction first started (3 years ago) I had to pack up my studio space to make room for my sons bedroom and the new den. I had every intention of working. I was going to sketch, paint in a smaller format....etc. Well, you know where the best of intention lead. But looking back on the past few years, I don't feel all that bad. I painted 4 bedrooms, painted the den, entry way, stairwell and upstairs hall, the new bathroom and just finished my living room. I started painting my bedroom and the kitchen and will have those done.....soon. And I also tiled my kitchen back splash myself, combining different tiles, ceramic and glass, to make my own unique design. So, no I have not been making paintings, but yes I have been painting and creating.

Now, for the future, I have just spent the past couple days arranging my bedroom to make room for a painting area. I know that it is not the ideal situation, but it will have to do for the next couple of years. I will only be working in acrylic so I won't have to worry about fumes, and since my room has two large closets, one will be filled with art supplies and the other clothes. For the first time in years I feel like working. It's amazing how your environment effects you mental state. For so long I have felt creatively blocked, dull, dead inside...now, I have sooo many ideas, I can't wait to get going on some new work.

pphheeewwww! now that felt good to get off my chest. Now to get back to work.

I just read the title of my blog, hehehe, lots of chaos, now for the art.

No comments: